Thursday, June 19, 2008

In my (however unqualified) opinion: how to attract girls

I’m not even going to try to generalize about this one. I’m just going to say what applies to me, as in, what I find attractive in a guy. And hopefully some girls will back me up on at least a few off them.

One thing I look at when I see a guy is his shoes. I don’t know anyone else who does this, but honestly, shoes tell a lot. Although not when guys where shoes that do not suit them...but they shoes they where on a day to day basis are fairly accurate to judge from.

I also like nerds.

But on a more serious note, there’s that whole myth about guys that are “tall, dark, and handsome.” Tall, sure, that’s a good thing, especially if you’re tall. (For me, it’s not much of an issue.) Handsome, definitely. But more on that later. Dark? What does that even mean? Brunette? Tan? Indian/black? In my mind, it means brunette, which I will say is hypothetically my favorite hair color on a guy, but that may be untrue, I don’t really know. The tall, dark and handsome thing goes with the brooding and sexy guy look, which is very attractive.

How does one define handsome? I don’t know. If you like someone enough, they are the hottest person in the world. But at first sight, you have to be medium tall to tall, have good muscles, good hair and a good face. Curly hair is adorable, but it depends on the person. I like guys who have pretty faces :] I also love eyes, because that’s where you see one’s feelings and whatnot. Color doesn’t really matter, but Duncan has nice blue eyes =) They just have to be nice-looking.

But personality is still key. If I just met a guy and I want to get to know him more, I call it being intrigued. Some people just have really intriguing personalities. I think you have to be personal, charming and smile cutely. By personal, I mean talk to the girl directly. Don’t only talk to the people around her. Talk to her. Then she’ll notice you, and she’ll know you noticed her. And obviously, I like all the clichéd qualities: funny, smart, nice. I think being able to keep a conversation is a dealbreaker. I also think you have to be playful. Make fun of the girl, and let her make fun of you back. Kind of like the way you steal your crush’s hat in fourth grade, only flirtier. Also, look into her eyes when you talk (try not to look at her boobs or something too much, please.) and listen. Guys that can be girly are good too. Like, guys that FEEL things and THINK things and BELIEVE things. These shouldn’t be girly qualities. They’re human.

I think what I’m saying is beyond friendly and fun flirting. But I kind of think the same goes for guys as for girls. Don’t be clingy, have confidence, be forward but not too forward. Same deal. It’s cute when you’re nervous or something too. Adorable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what about the disheveled guy?

Anonymous said...

"look into her eyes when you talk (try not to look at her boobs or something too much, please.) and listen. Guys that can be girly are good too. Like, guys that FEEL things and THINK things and BELIEVE things. These shouldn’t be girly qualities. They’re human."

hahahaha. agreed.