Monday, February 18, 2008

Funny, but oh-so-true quotes

from Men May Come and Men May Go but I've Still Got My Little Pink Raincoat: Life and Love In and Out of My Wardrobe by Gigi Anders.

But I still love him. The eternal feminine position. Are we all masochists? Do we give men way more credit than they deserve? Should we reserve our credit strictly for plastic purchases?
p12

Who knows why men stay with us? I have no idea. I guess it’s because they love us, preferably naked, therefore canceling our entire shopping therapy core belief system.
p15

The first quote struck me because it is so true. So many girls let guys do whatever they want because they think they still love them, and that their positive qualities outweigh their flaws, even if their flaws are abuse. And on a less extreme level, everything guys do can piss off their girlfriends or whatnot, but they still stick around. At some point, this becomes a bad thing. If a guy sucks, it doesn't matter how awesome their eyes are or how well they kiss or how many flowers they give you. There comes a point when it is time to let go.

But, at the same time, you can't leave a guy just for a single flaw, or even a couple negative things. Nobody is perfect, and there's no way you'll ever find a guy you don't have a single problem with.

The second quote is funny too, but it's more silly. Who do girls dress to impress? My parents always think that when I dress up (or just get dressed; I don't often dress down) that I am doing it to impress a boy. Which I don't believe is true. Girls are competitive and dressing up is as much impressing girls as it is impressing guys. In this book (which so far is hilarious), she relates one item of clothing, makeup or accessory to a specific guy, who I think is supposed to fall for her as soon as he sees it on her. I don't believe guys are this shallow.

This quote also relates back to what we've talked about before, I think. Why do guys stay with us if they are supposed to be independent strong men? Of course, we've answered this question. They are not actually independent and strong all the time, maybe they need action (haha), they go weak when they meet someone special. Or if they are independent and strong they want to protect a lady, save a damsel in distress.

No comments: