Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Mysterious World of GUYS

Last week, we talked about how girls may or may not have a secret code. Conveniently enough, there’s a article in the May 2008 issue of Seventeen magazine called, “INSIDE the secret world of GUYS.” Seventeen magazine, in my opinion, isn’t usually as blunt about how guys only want sex as they are in this particular article. Maybe because this article is mostly actual guys talking.

But as a girl, how am I supposed to respond to what this article says? Personally, it’s kind of turns me off to guys as a whole. Here, lemme show you.

“What he really means!”
HE SAYS: “Do you want to hang out at my house tonight?”
HE MEANS: “Let’s hook up.” This guy isn’t inviting you over to watch a movie -- he wants to make out with you until your parents call and tell you it’s time to come home.

HE SAYS: “Seriously, I”ve been thinking about you all day.”
HE MEANS: “Seriously, I”ve been thinking about making out with you all day.” Or at least that’s what he’s been thinking about from the moment you walked into the room and distracted him from his video games!


I mean, this entire thing bugs me. First of all, I was perfectly content with believing that guys really are like the perfect romantic guys in chick flicks. Oh, Seventeen, why did you have to ruin it for me? I refuse to believe that all guys want is to make out with you. That’s just stupid. Maybe it’s true, but it’s not all they want. (And by that, I do not mean sex. I mean like a real emotional connection.)

BRAIN SCAN: Find out what he’s really thinking when you’re...cuddling
“I’m basically thinking about how warm and soft she is. After a while, I get bored just cuddling, and I start to feel antsy. That’s when I’m thinking about how I want to touch her breast.” - Aaron, 19


Again, kind of annoying. Like, can guys just not think about things like that?

But that’s not to say guys aren’t doing things right. There are plenty of things guys do that are adorable. Like...

[at the movies] “If it’s the first date, all I’m thinking about isi what to do when. Do you hold her hand or put your arm around her? How do you transition your arm from your side to around her shoulder? What does she want you do to do? Honestly, the movie is the last thing on my mind.” -Isaac, 20
and
[at the end of the night] “I’m probably kicking myself for spilling something at dinner or being clumsy. At the same time, I just hope she likes me. If she stalls when we get back to her place, I’ll go in for a kiss. It’s nerve-racking, but I try to play it cool.” -Garrett, 18

All in all, I highly, highly, highly recommend checking this article out. If nothing else, it’s hilarious. If you don’t learn anything about the male species, at least you’ll get a good laugh out of it. And guys, maybe you can validate some of the claims made in it as well.

1 comment:

Chris P said...

There are more guys like the last one who do things that are 'adorable' than there are who just think about sex and fondling. While it is true that we think about sex and fondling a lot, there is a place and a time for it. Most guys realize this - the guys that don't are usually the guys that girls call 'assholes'.