Saturday, January 26, 2008

Introductory post from the girl

Hey,

I'm April, the female of this blog.

Basically, Duncan and I are starting this blog because neither of us have very exciting lives and we often talk about this sort of thing. We're here to present two different perspectives on how we view the opposite sex and all that good stuff.

Of course, you may be under the impression that Duncan and I are experts at this sort of thing, dating and whatnot. When really, we are completely not. (Or at least, I'm not.) But still, I know what I think of guys and I think I know what guys think of girls (but of course, I don't...that's why we have Duncan!).

But, Duncan and I are not typical teenagers. So we'll be asking other teens we know to share their stories, however similar or different to our own perspectives. If you wanna post something, let us know. Or we'll ask you. Or we'll force you to.

Anyway, I totally forgot what else I was going to say, so bye dears!

The Dudette
The Chick
The Femme Fatale
...or something

1 comment:

~Ichabod said...

Duncan and April...I'm pretty sure that you know me but I'm not absoloutely sure. I am Icahbod, and I discovered this place as a way to do some free expression writing and whatnot, but also coincidentally at the same time I did find this while browsing notes on Facebook and I think that what you're doing is fascinating...I read through your whole "Panorama" so far and I think it's a interesting sociological bit of work, and if you'd allow me I've always found all sorts of interesting tensions and things that happen when boys talk to girls if it's just a one on one conversation there are all sorts of different pressures that apply because of assumptions that one gender holds against the other. Really fascinating stuff. I'd really like to go into more depth with it if you'd like, but I mean if you don't that's fine, still I like what you've done and I think you've brought up a lot of accurate points about the way differnt genders do things to make them feel secure within groups. Good Work.