Monday, March 31, 2008

The secret code of WOMEN

There is no actual secret code of women. At least not one that I’m aware of. But according to boys, us girls say one thing and mean another. So I’m here to unveil the best kept secret of the 21st century. (This blog topic was taken from Colin’s wall post on the facebook group).

Now, it’s probably true that we aren’t totally honest, and we expect the boys to know this. For example, when we say we don’t want presents, it’s totally not true. Who the hell doesn’t want presents? We just say that because we can’t be like GIVE ME GIFTS LOSER. But this depends largely on the girl too. Some girls actually don’t like extravagant things, and some girls do. I guess this is the part where you have to know your significant other well (as if you don’t already).

There are so many articles on this topic everywhere. Take a look-see:
Some of my favorites:

They say: I just don't want a BF right now
They mean: I just don't want you as a BF
^ I hate to say it, but this might actually be true. How many times have you or a friend or anyone rejected someone ( of either sex) and then found someone else days later? And a lot of the time, they told the rejectee they “weren’t interested in a relationship” or whatever, and obviously, they totally weren’t.

They say: I'm just goin out with the girls
They mean: We're gonna go out and make fun of you and yourfriends
^ I’d have to say, this one is not true. Actually maybe it sort of is. But not really. Of course we talk about boys when we’re with girlfriends. That’s one of the reasons we hang out with girlies. Making fun of boys is pretty fun too. But really, it’s just gushing and gossiping and being girls.

From this website:
“They use an ancient coded language,only decipherable to other females and totally encrypted to Males. If anyone ever breaks the code let me know,I get to a point where I think I understand them and then I realise I was just kidding myself!!”

And another thing I found somewhere. When a girl says they love you like a brother, they’ll never date you. Duncan showed me a thing a while ago about “the friend zone,” and it’s the perfect term for it. Some guys are just not guys you’d ever date, and they have to know that. But you smart boys probably know that.

Thank you Colin for the blog topic.

1 comment:

Angelika said...

:D Good points. I recently realized that it's totally a waste of time to try to send coded messages to guys... they just don't get it! If you want a guy to do something or to know how you feel, you're really better off just stating it loud and clear. I think guys like it better that way.